In searching the internet for a “stationary bike interval workout,” I’m met with a slew of fat-blasting, calorie-burning focused results.
- Fight Belly Fat With This Boredom-Busting Interval Workout.
- An Hour’s Worth of Cardio in 20 Minutes!
- The Ultimate 8-Week HIIT for Fat-Burning Program
- 7 Interval Training Workouts to Burn Fat Fast
- 5 HIIT Workouts You Can Do RIGHT NOW To Incinerate Fat in Under 15 Minutes
Aside from the fact that you cannot actually burn fat off of your body, these claims are utterly ridiculous. “Fight belly fat?” There are better things in the world worth fighting for/against. Fighting my own body does not need to be on this list. “An hour of cardio in 20 minutes.” Exercise is supposed to fun! Find an exercise you like. Do it. If you feel like doing an hour of cardio one day, do it. If you only feel like doing 20 minutes, do that.
Can we forget about burning calories and fat for a minute, and just focus on the health benefits of exercise?