I had a hankering for some brownies the other night. Real brownies. The kind made with eggs, butter and sugar. Luckily, I had all the ingredients in my house, so I made it happen. These brownies are super easy, so rich, so fudgy, so satisfying and probably the best brownies I’ve ever had.
The ingredients are straightforward and cooking these brownies involves stirring a giant sauce pan of liquid chocolate, while is like my dream. The original recipe and instructions are available at the link below, but I modified mine just slightly.
The Dopest Brownies Ever // RECIPE & INSTRUCTIONS
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) of butter
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup turbinado sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray an 8×8 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt the unsweetened chocolate and butter in a sauce pan over low heat, stirring frequently.
- Once combined, remove from heat and add the sugar. Stir until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Add your beaten eggs and vanilla and stir until it’s fully combined.
- Add chocolate chips, flour and salt. Stir fully blended.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
I like to have these in a tiny bowl, slightly warmed up, with a scoop of double vanilla ice cream on top that slowly melts into the brownie. Yes. It’s the greatest thing in the world.